Effective date: July 1, 2019
What is SimplyConvert?
SimplyConvert LLC, the law firms that utilize this platform and its affiliates (collectively, “SimplyConvert”, “us”, “we”, or “our”) operate websites, a chatbot and embedded forms powered by artificial intelligence. We refer to these as “our sites or platform” or “sites/platforms.”
Personal Information that You Provide to Us
Personal information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual, and includes other information that may be associated with personal information. When you interact with our sites/platforms, depending on the site or platform, we may collect the following personal information directly from you:
- Account or Registration Information where needed to use our sites/platforms, and may include your name, address, email address, telephone number, state, birthday, social security number and some medical information.
- Contact Information, which generally includes your name, addresses, email addresses, and/or telephone numbers;
- Personal Profile or Service Information, which may include areas physical characteristics such as height, weight), health information and/or demographic information (such as gender);
- Geographic Location Information, but only if your device transmits location data and/or your IP address and you have activated a location-enabled site or service;
- Survey Data where needed for the functionality of determining qualification for legal assistance and generally includes survey questions and responses;
- Medical Information, where needed for the functionality of determining qualification for legal assistance and may include your medical history, present symptoms, future conditions or treatments, and other medical and health information you choose to provide to us;
- Appointment Information, where needed to schedule an appointment or consultation through our online appointment or consultation services and may include the requested appointment information.
- Access to Your Data, but only if you use certain services, interactive tools, or authorize us to retrieve information from another database, user, or other third party on your behalf, such as integrating a practice management system with your services;
- Your Submissionswhich generally includes information you voluntarily provide through free form text boxes, forums, document upload, or data retrieval or import;
In each of the above instances, you will know what personal information we collect through our sites and services because you voluntarily and directly provide it to us.
How does SimplyConvert use the information it collects about me?
We use the information we collect to provide and improve our services and to provide you with “Case Results”, as stated in our chat or on our form. We process your information if you have given your consent; if you qualify for legal representation, we will take steps to get you legal representation through the sending of an electronic contract and emails intending to explain legal services.
If you engage with a law firm that uses our sites/platform, we use the information we collect on behalf of and as directed by the law firm. For example, we may use your information to determine whether the law firm should send you a contract, send you an email or reach out to you further.
SimplyConvert, or the affiliated law firm, may retain your information for a period of time consistent with the original purpose of collection. We may also retain your information to pursue our legitimate business interests, conduct audits, comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements. For example, if you engage with SimplyConvert or the affiliated law firm, we may retain your information to assist you with legal matters in the future.
Other Information We Automatically Collect through Cookies and Other Technologies
Cookies are small text files stored on a visitor’s web browser and applications. Cookies are often used to make web-browsing easier by performing functions such as saving passwords and maintaining lists of personal preferences regarding the use of the website.
In addition, we or our third-party service providers may collect information about how you use our sites/platforms, including but not limited to, the date and time you visit the site/platform, the areas or pages of the sites that you visit, the amount of time you spend viewing the sites, the number of times you return to the sites, visits to sites outside our network, preferred language, and other click-stream data.
Do Not Track -
You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative, Omniture, PrivacyChoice, and/or Digital Advertising Alliance.
We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" browser signals. Accordingly, your navigation on our sites and services may be tracked as part of our efforts to gather user information described above. If you arrive at our sites and services by way of a link from a third-party site that does respond to “Do Not Track” browser signals, such “Do Not Track” browser signal recognition will end as soon as you reach our sites and services.
Sharing of Information Collected
Law Firm Website You Engage with SimplyConvert -
If you engaged with a law firm website that uses SimplyConvert to collect your information, we may share your information with that law firm.
Referral Attorneys -
If you signed a contract or provided information that the original law firm can’t assist you with, that law firm may refer that case to a lawyer that can assist you. We may share your information with a (or several) law firms that may offer to assist you.
For Legal Reasons -
We may share your information if we reasonably believe that it:
- Is necessary to comply with a legal process (such as a court order, subpoena, search warrant, or court filings) or other legal requirement of any governmental authority;
- Would potentially mitigate our liability in an actual or potential lawsuit
- Is necessary to investigate and prevent unauthorized transactions or other illegal activities; and/or
- Is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights or property or the rights or property of any person or entity.
To deliver and improve the Sites/Platform -
We may aggregate information so that it is not personally identifiable and use and share such aggregated information for training and quality assurance purposes and to deliver and improve our sites/platforms.
Service Providers -
We use a limited number of third-party service providers to assist us in the function of our sites/platforms. For example, you may provide some data to the electronic contract service we use. These third parties may access, process or store personal data in the course of providing their services.
Our Legal Bases for Processing
We will only collect and process personal information, including sharing it with third parties, where we have a legal basis for such collection and processing. We rely on a number of legal bases, including:
- our legitimate interests in providing and improving our sites and services;
- our legitimate interests in keeping our sites and services safe and secure;
- our third-party service providers’ legitimate interests as described in “Other Information We Automatically Collect Through Cookies and Other Technologies” above;
- your consent to the processing of your personal information, which you can revoke at any time;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary for the performance of “Getting Results”;
- where the processing of your personal information is required to protect your vital interests or those of another person, such as other users of our platforms/sites;
- where the processing of personal information is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena, or court order.
Access and Changes to Personal Data
If you elect to engage in any communication or engagement with the SimplyConvert sites/platform, it is up to you to decide what, if any, information to provide during such session. Depending upon your issue or request, it may not be possible for us to determine whether we can assist you without further information from you. Nevertheless, if you do not wish to provide certain information, then you should not do so.
How can I review, correct, delete, transfer, or receive a copy of my information or withdraw my consent to process my information?
If you have requested assistance by submitting your information to our platform/sites, you may, at any time, make changes as noted below to that consent –
- Access the data you provided to us at any time by sending an email that states “transcript” to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The right to opt out of future emails simply by replying “unsubscribe” to any email.
- The right to opt out of future texts simply by replying “stop” to any text.
- The right to be forgotten by sending an email that states “delete” to email@example.com
Please note that, pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), if you are located in the European Economic Area, you have the right to file a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you believe we have not been able to assist you with your inquiry.
How does SimplyConvert keep my information secure?
We use security measures designed to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Transcripts are stored, maintained and archived on secure, hardened servers that are hosted on highly secure data centers. Access to this data is protected by multiple layers of controls including firewalls, role-based access controls, authentication mechanisms and monitoring. Data is backed up, and archives are stored off-site in a secure location.
If you want more detailed information regarding the comprehensive information security program SimplyConvert maintains, we would be happy to provide this for you upon request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that we do not make any assurances as to the security of your information in the hands of our affiliated lawyers.
Additional Mobile Considerations
In addition to the other terms in this policy, if you engage with our sites/plaforms in a mobile application, we may receive information about your mobile device, including a unique identifier for your device.
If you receive SMS messages from SimplyConvert, you may opt out by replying “Stop” at anytime.
If you receive SMS messages from one of our affiliated law firms, you may opt out by following the opt-out instructions provided by that law firm. You may also contact us at email@example.com, and we can help put you in touch with the law firm regarding your request.
SimplyConvert sites/platforms are not directed to individuals under 18. If you are under the age of 18, you may not use our platform without a valid parental or legal guardian consent. SimplyConvert does not knowingly collect personal information from individuals under the age of 18. If you are a parent of an individual under 18 and believe your child has provided information to SimplyConvert, or if you are a California resident under the age of 18 and wish to remove content you have made publicly available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, where you may request to exercise your applicable access, rectification, cancellation and or objection rights. SimplyConvert reserves the right to immediately delete the information of any individual, to the extent permitted by law, who it believes is under the age of 18.
We are not responsible for and do not control the privacy practices of any of our affiliated law firms or third-party partners. We encourage you to review the privacy practices of these other parties.